Friday, December 10, 2010

New Year's Resolutions | Ramblings | Important Information | Aberdeen, SD Photographer

The new year will be upon us quickly. I know, I haven't even really started decorating for Christmas yet (but we did make cookies the other day, so I'm not a super terrible mom). But, I've had in my plans certain goals for January and the new year. Before I know it, I will have been in business for a year. And I am well aware that something like 80% of photography businesses fail in the first 5 years. If you ask anyone close to me, they will tell you I'm crazy a hard worker, that I always have goals in mind and work to achieve them. Obviously one of my goals is to be in business past the 5 year mark (and turning a profit before then, since the IRS will require it...). I've spent many nights thinking, studying, speaking with other photographers who have made it past the 5 year mark. And I am starting to figure out what sort of business I want.

So here is the start of some thoughts that I have for the direction I want to take in the new year, and I'll post more about them individually:
I want to...
....build relationships with families, this means I will only take a certain number a clients each month. It also means I will rock your pre-session consult, your session, and helping you choose how to display your art.
...speaking of art, I want to create beautiful art for your family. Part of that will be the session experience, part of it will be the images I create, and part will be the products I offer.
....I'm excited to be working on 'branding', where I'll roll out a new website, many current clients have seen my new packaging, and I'll be creating fun, informative packets. 
...and most importantly I want to continue to grow, as a photographer, a business owner, and most importantly, a mom. I'll be working hard on a balance of these different aspects which do make up who I am.
...I will continue giving back to the community. I just offered my first auction item to Northern Nights, I am a proud photographer for  NILMDTS , I will continue to assist with providing breastfeeding support and education to local moms, and I have plans for other ways of giving - so we will see how everything goes.


So, keep an eye out for future posts on what fun and exciting new things I have in mind for the next year! But, since no photography blog post is complete without an image - here are a couple of the little man....



No comments:

Post a Comment