Sunday, November 7, 2010

This is exactly what I wanted...Maternity Session | Aberdeen, SD Photographer

I've been working hard, trying to find my style. Every photographer out there wants to 'capture memories' or moments or something to that effect. I'm no different, but when I'm working with top photographers in the industry, learning from them, we talk about how to capture that memory, in a beautiful way. Many photographers just starting out will say - I shoot candid stuff, and to me, that means that they haven't yet stumbled across the art of posing. During a session, I will pose you, but in doing so, I'm creating the setting for a beautifully captured family moment. I'll sit you together, tell you to pretend to like each other (ha.ha), tell you to snuggle, talk, tickle, laugh, be funny, be serious, etc. And in those in between moments of my lame stand up comedy routine, it will be there. The genuine smile, the genuine love, the genuine connection.

This session was it, for me. Mom was the first mom (stranger) that got what 'custom photography' is about (I usually send quite lengthy emails describing it, and she was like - yeah, that's why I'm hiring you, silly Katey- Ok, my words, not hers...). This family...so in love with each other, so fun to be around, to watch, to listen to. Soon-to-be big sis was a little tired, but we did manage a few great family shots. But, wow - the couple ones, just what I was looking for. Almost. I still have work to and I'll keep learning as much as I can, but I'm seeing it now. The lighting, the posing, the connection. Mama {J} enjoy - you will love your gallery!









And one from the studio work that we did.

3 comments: