Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'll admit, I was nervous...Fabulous {H} Family | Aberdeen, SD Photographer

No, no, not nervous about their session. In fact I was sooo happy when mama {H} mentioned 'lifestyle photography' that I had to call a few photographer friends and share the great news! No, I'll admit, I was nervous for the winter...My photography journey has been moving along so nicely (oh, it's been a journey - but the things I SEE now - crazy!), but what would I do when winter hits? How will I keep growing?

Yes, it's true that I have a home studio space, but I am not a sit there and smile type of gal. I like to interact, I like to play dolls, I like to wrestle, I want to create a relationship with my families. And that is very hard when you come to my home and sit where I tell you for an hour (or two, depending). Oh, it has it's place (i.e. cake smash sessions, birth to 1 or 2 years) but beyond that - it's hard to get the story. It gets harder to see the personality in the image.

So, I spent roughly 3 hours with the {H} family. And I'll tell you, they have a photographer for life, if they'll have me! I loved every minute of it (and truthfully, my body ached after 3 hours of kid chasing/playing). This is my new winter plan - lifestyle photography. Have me in your home for a morning, afternoon, whatever is a good time for you. We'll play, maybe bake something, and I'll snap away. We'll try to use natural light when possible, but sometimes added artificial light is needed and it's always in the Suburban. And the best news - why now, why not wait for better weather? You get more time with me, you get more images, more options, more REAL LIFE. I figured I'd take the winter slow (I've got a lot of projects in the works for Kateydid), but we'll see. Right now, December is booked (if you'd like on the waiting list, let me know asap, if you're expecting, let me know asap).


Thank you, thank you {H} family. It was lovely meeting you and I can't wait to show you everything I got that day! Until then - here's your sneak peek!



No comments:

Post a Comment