Friday, September 10, 2010

The {M} Family | Aberdeen, SD Photographer

I guess the title to this is misleading. So don't get your hopes up that this beautiful location is somewhere in South Dakota. It's not. I traveled over the holiday weekend to the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan for my brother's wedding. While it rained for the wedding - I had pre arranged to take the Moyle family photos on Sunday. That day was beautiful, the kids were gorgeous, and everything fell into place...sort of. I think that every session I do with a new family, the parents will comment about how they are sorry that he/she didn't cooperate. They are kids! I have one of my own - they know when you want something and they do the opposite! So, I work my tail off to get a little smile, a little eye contact, and some family love. When in doubt - resort to a tickle fest or throwing into the air. Race. Have fun. Find weird toys. Listen to my fart jokes (age appropriate - babies don't think those are funny). But I'm getting away here - I love this family - mom and I played soccer together in college and spent many hours cooped up on buses, in hotels, and on one eventful road trip (to visit my hubby). Thank you, thank you Katie - for letting me spend a short evening with your beautiful family - I love these and hope you will too! I am just sad I won't get a chance to capture the little one when she is born. She is one lucky little lady to have such a great family!
Dad's cool car!


Beautiful eyes - and he knows it!

I may seriously get this one printed for me on a 24x30 canvas!


Said tickle fest.

I love it!


What a beautiful setting - I can't wait to go back!



Yes, I love this series of portraits. She's beautiful, the light is yummy and she gave me some great eye contact!

Add caption


I may finally be happy with this silhouette

1 comment: